- Grade 12 or N3 and qualified as a Plumber with trade test passed.
- Appropriate artisan experience as a Plumber in industry with specific experience in the following areas: tools, equipment, machinery and materials; cold water; hot water; SANWARE; below ground drainage, above ground drainage, rain water goods and problem solving.
- Education, Training and Development Practice (ETDP) or related qualification
- Qualification as a registered Assessor and/or Moderator for the Plumbing trade will be an added advantage.
- 2 years or more training/workshop mentoring experience will be an added advantage.
- The preferred candidate will have knowledge of the Plumbing industry, the legislative and regulatory environment, as well as knowledge of and experience in implementing Occupational Health and Safety regulations and requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including presentation or lecturing and report writing skills.
- He/she will have planning and organizing skills, including lesson planning skills, analytical skills, conceptual ability and the ability to assess apprentices.
- Computer literacy in MicroSoft Suite
- A valid driver’s licence.
- The preferred candidate will have the ability to take on a leadership and mentorship role, will be focused on customer service, be disciplined and professional and will have excellent interpersonal skills.
- He/she will be focused on his/her own continuous professional development.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE :
In additional to the salary package above, the Facilitator will be expected to adhere to the following:
- 40 hours work per week.
- Minimum of 21 working days annual leave per annum.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing theoretical and practical training applicable to the Plumbing trade, and according to predetermined curriculums and lesson frameworks.
- Assess and/or moderate theoretical and practical competencies of apprentices in the programmes against pre-determined requirements.
- Ensure that training equipment, workshops and related resources are available and in working order, and conduct regular inventory control.
- Perform administrative and management functions, including preparing and submitting reports to relevant authorities, preparation of training registers, preparation and completion of apprentice files, and any other administration required by oversight bodies.
- Attend industry and training workshops, as well as any other prescribed training to ensure own continuous professional development.
- Ensure training environment and activities are compliant to all safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Plan delivery of the occupational qualification in such a way that the apprentices are prepared to complete and pass the relevant assessments and trade test.
- Manage the scheduling of apprentice for theory and industry placement/practical components of the programme.
SALARY NOTCH R 308 877 – R 364 140 per annum (Post Level 1/2) – final salary based on qualification and experience
All shortlisted candidates will be expected to participate in an assessment of his/her experience in the above areas.